Wednesday, June 4, 2008

SATC!!!

So like most women out there, I went to see the Sex and the City movie last week with my girlie's from The Old Bank.. Needless to say the movie was amazing!! I mean not in that Oscar/Cannes/Sundance winning film kind of way but as a loyal viewer and fan of the show it definitely exceeded my expectations!! Carrie,Charlotte,Samantha,and Miranda were back and more glamorous,wealthy,and fabulously amazing than ever. After much thought I have decided that the wedding scene was from a fashion lover's favorite set of garments that the ladies wore. Carrie's Vivienne Westwood couture bridal gown was perfection. By before the movie not necessarily being a fan of the designer's work THAT dress make me think twice. The cut,color choice,fit, fabric was just beautiful. Usually in weddings the bride looks the best and then there are the cliche tacky bridesmaid dresses, Carrie (or the legendary Patricia Field) would not have it. The ladies however, after a bit of research I found out that they wore gowns by Zac Posen from his Spring 2008 collection. (www.zacposen.com)It really stands a statement to him and his range of garments for women. Especially since we as fans identify so much with the show and its characters, the dresses just translate so well into that settings.

Weddings are such a taboo thing for women to love, but for me it's just a party that has beautiful gowns and just a reason to celebrate and have a good time enjoying the one's you love. Many people think that because of my complex relationship with my Bubbs, that we should be engaged or married already. We both just feel were too young but in the sense of stablility and security. We want a big wedding.. and we both know right now that's just not going to happen anytime soon. So we wait!! One day we'll have an amazing wedding and I can reassure my friends and potential bridesmaids, " you will look just as amazing as the women of SATC and better!!" hehe I've attached a picture of the ladies.. just look and drool... ;)

PERFECTION

No comments: